Human Dimensions of Organizations
HDO Courses Running April 26-29, 2022
This page provides key logistical information for your upcoming courses(s) with HDO. Whether you are joining us for one class or the entire week, please review the information below prior to your course(s).
We look forward to working with you!
Time: Each course runs from 9:00 am to 4:00. You may arrive as early as 8:30 am to enjoy breakfast and meet your fellow participants.
- 8:45 am – 9:00 am: Introductions & Networking
- 9:00 am – Noon: Seminar Morning Session
- Noon – 1:00 pm: Lunch Break
- 1:00 pm – 3:55 pm: Seminar Afternoon Session
- 3:55 pm – 4:00 pm: Wrap Up & Evaluation
Please complete a brief survey by April 21. The survey provides your instructors with key insights into your training goals and professional background.
All of this week’s courses will take place at UT Austin’s IC2 Institute. IC2 is located at 2815 San Gabriel St., Austin, TX 78705. Free parking is available on-site. HDO is located on the third floor of the Institute.
What We Provide
- Coffee, tea, and refreshments
- Light breakfast
- Catered lunch
- Wifi access
- Pens and notepads
- Course materials as designated by the faculty
What to Bring
- Tablet or laptop (optional)
- Additional note-taking materials (optional)
- Business cards (optional)
- Light jacket or sweater (optional)
We strongly recommend that all participants complete COVID-19 vaccination before participating in our programs. In addition, we are taking the following steps to provide a safe teaching and learning environment:
- Requiring social distancing
- Reducing participant maximums from 25 persons to 16 persons per course
- Enhancing safety precautions (providing sanitation stations and individually packaged lunches, for example)
- Encouraging all participants to wear masks as much as possible
Behavior Change & Influence (April 26, 2022)
Just Stop: Zen, Stress, Anxiety & Uncertainty (April 27, 2022)
Pre-Course Reading/Assignments: None
Other Information: Attendees will receive a copy of the book Embracing Uncertainty: Future Jazz, That 13th Century Buddhist Monk and the Invention of Cultures
Slide Deck: Here