Human Dimensions of Organizations
HDO Courses Running October 19-22, 2021
Faculty and staff from UT Austin’s HDO Program are excited to welcome you to our upcoming Professional Training programs.
This page provides key logistical information for your upcoming courses(s) with HDO. Whether you are joining us for one class or the entire week, please review the information below prior to your course(s).
We look forward to working with you!
Time: Each course runs from 9:00 am to 4:00. You may arrive as early as 8:30 am to enjoy breakfast and meet your fellow participants.
Pre-Training Survey: Please complete a brief survey by October 14. The survey provides your instructors with key insights into your training goals and professional background.
- 8:30 am – 9:00 am: Breakfast & Networking
- 9:00 am – Noon: Seminar Morning Session
- Noon – 1:00 pm: Lunch Break (Catered)
- 1:00 pm – 3:55 pm: Seminar Afternoon Session
- 3:55 pm – 4:00 pm: Wrap Up & Evaluation
Recommended Attire: There is no dress code for our training programs; however, most participants opt for business casual attire.
If you have any questions leading up to or during your program, please contact Alyx Dykema.
All of this week’s courses will take place at UT Austin’s IC2 Institute. IC2 is located at 2815 San Gabriel St., Austin, TX 78705. Free parking is available on-site. HDO is located on the third floor of the Institute.
What We Provide
- Coffee, tea, and refreshments
- Light breakfast
- Catered lunch
- Wifi access
- Pens and notepads
- Course materials as designated by the faculty
What to Bring
- Tablet or laptop (optional)
- Additional note-taking materials (optional)
- Business cards (optional)
- Light jacket or sweater (optional)
We strongly recommend that all participants complete COVID-19 vaccination before participating in our programs. In addition, we are taking the following steps to provide a safe teaching and learning environment:
- Requiring social distancing
- Reducing participant maximums from 25 persons to 16 persons per course
- Enhancing safety precautions (providing sanitation stations and individually packaged lunches, for example)
- Encouraging all participants to wear masks as much as possible
Please note that some courses include optional pre-work to help you prepare for the day.
Emotional Intelligence for Leaders (October 19, 2021)
Achieving Balance: Time Management for Modern Professionals (October 20, 2021)
Understanding & Managing Motivations: Uncovering Potentials (October 21, 2021)
Flourishing in the Workplace (October 22, 2021)
Pre-Course Reading/Assignments: All participants should complete the VIA Character Strengths survey prior to the course. Please bring your survey results with you on the day of your course.
Other Information: All participants will receive a copy of Dr. Starbird’s book, The 5 Elements of Effective Thinking, on the day of the course.
Slide Deck: View/download the slide deck used in this course.